Thursday 4 September 2008

Miss Nellie Twists' Vintage Bits

Thank you to everyone who has taken the trouble to leave a comment. So very much appreciated.

Well my first week back at work after a very long jolly holiday and it's like the two months off never happened! Very pleased to receive an award today from dizzydezign ~ thank you very much. I will be passing this on. Oooooh I love this blogging thing!




Sketchbook/journal below, collaged and embroidered on a wonderful Lettercard.


The Text is so interesting, note bottom right ~ 'This is an all British Production'! Ain't that the truth. The imp sitting on a toadstool is just so evocative of the era....40's I think.










I also wanted to ask your opinon about an idea I have floating around in the old bonce! I'm thinking of opening another Etsy Shop selling vintage items, such as this very old postcard photograph. (She looks so pleased that she has got her man!) The items would probably be paper or very small item based, to keep cost of shipping down.



I would call it 'Miss Nellie Twists' Vintage Bits'. Taken from the beautifully written name and address on the back of a postcard I purchased recently. The writing is exquisite, neat and small and I think the name is delightful.

Anyway I would really appreciate your feedback on this. Does anyone buy vintage/antique items from Etsy? Or do folks go immediately to E bay for that kind of thing? Words of wisdom please.

Thanks for stopping by. x

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Go for it. Its a lovely name.

Gigibird said...

I think you have to have a different email to have another account.
There are lots of vintage shops on Etsy.
But why don't you sell them from your blog? or your website??

Gina said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea!

ArtPropelled said...

Great idea. Love the journal!

Gretel said...

I'm sure that's a Devon Pixie on the front of that card! Speaking as a Devon girl.

I kind of like browsing Etsy for vintage items, would be nice to have more UK sellers.

mimilove forever said...

Absolutely defo go for it! Are you over on Folksy too? x