Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas Eve with my sister

Warmest wishes to you all. I hope you have a wonderful few days and not too uncomfortable from all the food and drink you would'nt normally dream of consuming! I am, but I don't care! Family, happy times that's what it is all about and I am very lucky to have a wonderful family.

I wanted to share with you the lovely day my family shared with my sister and her family. My sister lives in a stone cottage in a village called Clun, Shropshire. An area of outstanding natural beauty. We had a lovely family time and I took some photos of her home to show you.

The snow globe below, she purchased when we went to New York for a week together, wonderful, unforgettable week. Her Christmas tree is themed ~ glass and silver.

Deep stone windows with beautiful Christmas arrangements.

Every time I visit she has wonderful arrangements of her belongings, there is always something new and gorgeous to look at.





The cake she made for us.


We went for a walk after a superb meal and she showed me the allotments, virtually walled by an ancient stone wall. The earth was dark and beautiful, just like Christmas Cake. Not a sound to be heard other than the singing of birds.

Bliss....


Fancy toiling at the earth and straightening up and looking out on such a stunning view, 360 degrees.
In one of the corners of the allotments there was tiny stone built hut which my sister said was medieval. (Obviously not the shed above)!
Someone has kindly cut a hole for the cat/wildlife.



Well that's enough brassicas for one day. I am off work for another week, so you will be hearing more from me over the next few days.
Thanks for stopping by.x

6 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wait - is that England in winter? There are green things growing!!!
I've only been to London (oh, around 16 times) but I suppose I didn't check for green things growing there in winter. No snow? (Have some of ours!)

Sal said...

Hi there..I was really excited when I read your post as we stayed in Clun , in September. (T'is on my blog somewhere)
We've stayed there a few times and love the area...
I would imagine it is a lovely place to spend Christmas ;-)

Sal said...

Hi again..I found the Clun posting!


http://salssnippets.blogspot.com/2008/09/fun-sun-and-clun.html

Sal ;-)

gunnelsvensson said...

It´s lokking so wonderful at your sisteres home! Christmas time is wonderful to share with our family! I wish you a happy New Year 2009!

Jackie said...

Oh Bliss! I stayed near Clun when the boys were little in a cottage in the middle of nowhere. It had such potential but had a different vibrant wallpaper on every wall including artificial stone, and in the fireplaces were two bar electric fires. But the landscape as you described it was wonderful.
Your sisters house and decor is fabulous.
Glad you had a happy time together.

Art4Sol said...

What a beautiful home your sister has ...love her collections. Thanks for letting us take a peek.
Darlene